Project | Final CityLens Prototype | Week 14
Wednesday, May 8th 2019, 9:00:23 pm
The name I have finally settled on for my project is CityLens. The final result is a combination of a few pieces.
- A brief demo video.
- The hosted functional prototype application for the MTA use-case.
- An open-source repository of markers and code.
This demo video summarizes the CityLens use case as a platform for MTA announcements accessible to mobile phone screens:
I purchased the domain
view.tips for the purposes of hosting this project and having a simple URL. The demo project is hosted here:
To test this out:
- Open a marker pattern in a browser window.
- Open the Test App in another window.
- Allow Camera access and point the camera at the tab with the marker.
Finally, all the code for my project is available on GitHub here:
create-react-app project and the key files are as follows:
src ├── App.tsx # React app shell ├── index.css └── index.tsx # app bootstrap public ├── images # svgs for app │ ├── camera-icon.svg │ └── x-icon.svg ├── index.html # outer template └── models # 3D models ├── MTA_Platform_Spread.glb └── MTA_Platform_Stand.glb
Written by Omar Delarosa who lives in Brooklyn and builds things using computers.